In this series of articles I’ll be sharing the process I use to create a practice card. The creation of each card is a small adventure and for that reason, I hold the steps and sequence loosely.
Broadly speaking, the creation of a practice card includes these steps:
- Articulation of need and intended outcome
- Brainstorming visual elements such as symbols, colors, and patterns.
- Choosing a layout for the artwork
- Creating and placing visual elements
- Writing steps for the practice
- Choosing a prayer or blessing
- Producing the printed card